It was as I was replying to a comment, that I started to really “notice” my writing, so I decided to jot down all my “noticings” about my writing:
- I speak in exclamation marks. I use them frequently in my writing.
- I edit while I draft. I cannot write everything down and then go back and edit. I fix it while I write.
- Though I edit while I draft, when the writing piece is done, I always go back and reread the piece to make sure it makes sense.
- 9 times out of 10, I will write the entire piece and then go back and give it a title.
- I write from beginning to end. It is rare that I’ll think of an ending, start with that, and then go back and write the beginning. I
- I write how I speak and vice versa (is that a no-brainer?).
- I like it quiet when I write. I have difficulty writing with any kind of background music or noise.
- The genre I write in the most is personal narratives.
What do you notice about your writing?